THE ASIA PACIFIC MATHEMATICAL OLYMPIAD FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS (APMOPS) 2018
I. General Information
KinderWorld International Group and Hwa Chong Institution will once again co-host the Asia Pacific Mathematical Olympiad for Primary Schools (APMOPS) 2018 in Vietnam this year. Ever since APMOPS was introduced in Vietnam in 2009, many Vietnamese students have achieved various awards as shown below:
- 2 students were ranked 11th and 12th places in the Final Round
- 13 Platinum Certificates
- 16 Gold Certificates
- 31 Silver Certificates
- 57 Bronze Certificates
- 3 students ranked 12th, 18th and 22nd received the Gold medals in the Invitation Round
- 2 students were ranked in the Top 10 of the competition
- 5 Gold medals were awarded to students ranked 4th, 9th, 28th, 29th and 30th in the Invitation Round
2014: – 3 students achieved between 8th to 40th place in the final round
2015: – 6 students achieved between 2th and 40th place in the Invitation Round
2016: – 5 Gold medals were awarded to students ranked 1st, 3rd, 4th, 8th and 9th in the Invitation Round.
2017: – 4 Gold medals were awarded to students with 1 student ranked 4th in the Invitation Round.
Hwa Chong Institution is a premier independent school with a rich history of 90 years. The school has the highest Oxford University and Cambridge University admission rate in Singapore and has the most number of awardees of the President’s Scholarship, Singapore.
APMOPS is a prestigious event whereby students from countries in the Asia-Pacific region including Australia, China, India, Singapore, New Zealand and Vietnam have the opportunity to interact and compete with top students in Mathematics.
This year, KinderWorld will sponsor Return Air Tickets: Hanoi – Singapore – Hanoi for the top students in Vietnam to participate in the Invitation Round. All expenses in Singapore including accommodation, food and local tours will be sponsored by Hwa Chong Institution.
There are two Rounds in the APMOPS 2018 Competition. The First Round will be held at Singapore International School campus (operated by KinderWorld International Group) on Saturday, 07 April 2018.
Students who are among the top qualifiers from the First Round will be invited to participate in the Final Invitation Round and Prize Presentation Ceremony to be held on Saturday, 26 May 2018 at Hwa Chong Institution in Singapore.
Please be advised that students’ raw scores will not be publicized; only final results are released to parents and students.
A. First Round
1. Date of Competition: Saturday, 07 April 2018
- Singapore International School @ Gamuda Gardens; Gamuda Gardens 2 Road, Gamuda Gardens, Km 4.4 Phap Van, Hoang Mai District, Hanoi.
In Ho Chi Minh City
- Singapore International School @ Saigon South; 29, Road No. 3 Trung Son Residential Area, Hamlet 4, Binh Hung Ward, Binh Chanh District, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Students must be born between 1 July 2005 and 30 June 2006 (both dates inclusive), or Year 6 students born after 30 June 2006; and
- Students have not participated in APMOPS before.
Registration fee: VND 700,000 / student
In the North
- Registration for APMOPS 2018 students will be held on Saturday, 03 March 2017 from 9.30am to 11.30am at Singapore International School @ Van Phuc, 2D Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound 46 Van Bao Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi.
In the South
- Registration for APMOPS 2018 students will be from 5 February 2018 to 3 March 2018 at:
- Singapore International Schools @ Vung Tau, Dai An Residential Area, Ward 9 Vung Tau
- Singapore International Schools @Binh Duong New City, Lot F7, The New Urbanization Zone of Binh Duong Industrial Service and Urbanization Complex, Hoa Phu Ward, Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province
- Singapore International School @ Saigon South, 29, Road No. 3 Trung Son Residential Area, Hamlet 4, Binh Hung Ward, Binh Chanh District , Ho Chi Minh City
- KinderWorld JSC in Ho Chi Minh City, Centre Point, 106 Nguyen Van Troi, Ward 8, Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City
B. Invitation Round
1. Date of Competition: Saturday, 26 May 2018
2. Venue: Hwa Chong Institution, Singapore
Top qualifying participants from the First Round will be invited by Hwa Chong Institution for the Invitation Round in Singapore. Each qualifying participant will require a current and valid passport with no less than 6 months validity.
KinderWorld International Group will sponsor the 10 Top participants of Vietnam and invited by Hwa Chong Institution with return air fares: Hanoi – Singapore – Hanoi.
All expenses in Singapore including accommodation, food and local tours will be sponsored by Hwa Chong Institution.
All other expenses such as passport and personal allowance are not included.
5. Prizes for the Invitation Round
A total of 40 Individual Prizes will be awarded by Hwa Chong Institution to the top 40 participants in the Asia Pacific region in the Invitation Round. Prizes are as follows:
1st Prize : S$1000 and 1 medal
2nd Prize : S$800 and 1 medal
3rd Prize : S$500 and 1 medal
4th – 5th Prize : S$300 and 1 medal
6th – 10th Prize : S$100 and 1 medal
11th – 40th Prize : 1 medal per award
6. Announcement of Winners
The winners of the Invitation Round will be announced on Saturday, 26 May 2018 at the Prize Presentation Ceremony in Singapore.
For further information, please contact KinderWorld International Group’s APMOPS 2018 coordinator:
In the North
Ms. Nguyen Thu Huong
KinderWorld Vietnam JSC
Gamuda Gardens 2 Road, Gamuda Gardens, Km 4.4 Phap Van, Hoang Mai District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Phone: (84-24) 6664 1717 – ext. 167
In the South
Ms. Nguyen Ngoc Thanh Dieu
KinderWorld Vietnam JSC
Centre Point, 106 Nguyen Van Troi, Ward 8, Phu Nhuan District, HCMC
Phone: (84-28) 3997 9573 - ext. 122